Let's Go Shopping!

 This is inspired by a post in a Facebook group I'm in: someone was asking for gift suggestions for his wife.  I realized Museum gift shops would be the place to look.

I have to apologize for the American centricness of the list.  If you have some suggestions, please include them in the comments.   My primary criteria is specifically a Museum shop with LOTS of Ancient Egyptian themed merchandise.

Two exceptions: the Metropolitan Opera, thanks to their productions of Akhnaten and Aida, and what I can only imagine is the distributor to most of the American museums- but I suggest trying the actual museums first as they derive a lot of their funding from sales.

Here we go:


The Metropolitan Museum in New York City

The Getty Museum in Los Angeles

The Field Museum in Chicago

The de Young Museum in San Francisco

The Louvre in Paris


The British Museum in London

The Egyptian Museum in Turin

The Metropolitan Opera Shop for Akhnaten and Aida

The Museum Store

Also- the links are pre-sorted for "Egypt" to simplify things.


I've got a Twitter, Instagram, and a Facebook page in addition to this blog, please Like and Follow if this post has proven useful.  Thanks!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freesources

Mummy Movie Monday 11: The Curse of King Tut's Tomb