Tutankhamun Thursdays: The Curse of King Tut (1)


I must have been some kind of serious little King Tut nerd as a kid.
Exhibit A: Thursday night, May 8th 1980.  King Kong preceded the first half of The Curse of Kig Tut's Tomb.  42 years ago.  I don't remember a damn thing about King Kong, or if we even watched it.

I do remember being excited about The Curse of King Tut.  There's a curse! And Perry Mason! And Eva Marie Saint! (I didn't know who she was but I loved her name.)

Most everything else is lost to the fog of time.  

But... while gathering notes for this post, I *found* the movie.  It's available to rent on VUDU and GoogleTV.  So I'll be renting it soon for a rewatch- and a follow up post.  Meanwhile, I've included the promo spot from NBC below.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freesources

Let's Go Shopping!

Mummy Movie Monday 11: The Curse of King Tut's Tomb