Mummy Movie Monday 11: The Curse of King Tut's Tomb


 After watching the NBC The Curse of King Tut's Tomb, I thought I could give the Casper Van Dien movie a try.

I stopped at five minutes, forty-five seconds.

I did try.  Really.  

Despite being skeptical because it was a Hallmark production... the opening segment was... promising.

CGI Ancient Egypt, with Tutankhamun there... Ok... And he was sent by Ra to defend the world from evil.  

By evil, they mean CGI Set and his minions.

By defend, they mean Tut has a buff bod and golden steampunk angel wings and flies out to slay the minions with his sword.  

This is all under expository narration by Caspar (Omega Code*) Van Dien.  

So Tut smashes the Emerald Tablet, forcing Set to return to his nether dimension and... Cut to dogsled in the Arctic.  Ol' Casper is an Indiana Jones class archeologist searching for the pieces of the Emerald Tablet, two previous pieces having been stolen from him by the Hellfire Council.  They show up as he's freed a third from some ice in a glacier cave...

That's when I stopped.  Just no.

Despite the cast (including Simon (Room with a View) Callow and Malcom McDowell) and despite the director (Russel (Highlander) Mulcahy), I just couldn't.

If you have, and it gets better, please leave me a comment.





*I actually saw this in the cinema, one of five people there, two of whom were not whispering about the theological implications of the movie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freesources

Let's Go Shopping!